Newly Posted Jobs: Chef de Partie - Ryans of Park Gate Street are seeki... Chef de Partie - FX Buckley Restaurant / FXBs, 2 Cro... Chef de Partie - Hogs & Heifers, famous restaurant b... Chef de Partie - The Bull & Castle, 5-7 Lord Edward ... Sous Chef - Hogs & Heifers, famous restaurant b...

16:39 Wednesday 17 April 2024

Contact Us
Hospitality Recruitment
Mespil House
Sussex Road
Dublin 4
00353 (0) 1 411 7011
00353 (0) 1 231 4642
email us

Health Care

Public health care for people coming to Ireland:
If you are an EU national or normally resident in Ireland you are entitled to free maintenance and treatment in public beds in Health Service Executive (HSE) hospitals and voluntary hospitals.

Depending on your income, you may be eligible for a medical card, which entitles you to the full range of medical services at no cost. Otherwise, you will be entitled to certain services free and you will have to pay for the remainder yourself.

Private health care for people coming to Ireland:
You can also avail of private health care services. You must pay the full costs of treatment if you opt for private health care.

There are two private health insurance companies in Ireland - VHI and BUPA (Quinn Health Care). If you are from the EU or normally resident in Ireland, you are entitled to the same benefits from your private health insurance with either of these two companies as any other Irish citizen.

Your private health insurance premium/cost allows you some tax relief.

Hospitals in Ireland are public or private. Everyone is entitled to go to a public hospital and mostly this will be free.

If going to a private hospital you pay yourself, and if you have health insurance this may cover some or all of the cost.

Health Care claims against tax:
Certain health care costs incurred by you can be claimed back against tax. For instance some dentist treatments or buy a pair of eye glasses or go to the doctor for certain problems.

If you are a PAYE worker (employee) you will have to fill out the correct form dealing with your claim and send it to the Revenue/Tax Office who will give you some money back.

For more information:
Health Services – Ireland (Public & Private)
Charges for public hospital services
BUPA/Quinn Healthcare
Health claims against your Tax
Med 1 Form (claim for health expenses)
Med 2 Form (claim for certain dental expenses)

Privacy Policy | Website Terms of Use
© Copyright 2007 Hospitality. All Rights Reserved.