|00353 (0) 1 411 7011
|00353 (0) 1 231 4642
Job Listing Details:
|Job Title:||Educational Psychologist|
|Salary:||EURO €30,000 per annum|
|Description:||Educational Psychologist required for Hyde and Seek Montessori group
Based out of our Tolka Road branch in Dublin 3 you will be responsible for running our Educational Psychology program.
Please note, this is not a child care position.
Applicants must be qualified/certified in Psychology/Educational Psychology and have work experience in the area of Educational Psychology.
Educational psychologists deal with the psychological and educational development of people in the education system. This includes students of any age, their parents or guardians and the people who work with them.
Their work can involve both assessment and intervention within the education setting. They are also involved in training and research on related issues.
Educational psychologists encounter a wide range of problems, when assessing young peoples learning and emotional needs. For example, some children have learning difficulties in reading and writing. Others have social and emotional problems that lead them to display challenging behaviour in the classroom, or make them unable to make friends. Some children may have a specific learning problem like dyslexia.
Very intelligent or gifted children have their own needs and may have problems coping with teachers and parents expectations of them.
Educational psychologists begin to tackle a case by carrying out a full psychological assessment.
The job duties for our position:
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
• using psychological tests, theories and procedures to support the wellbeing and learning of those children at Hyde & Seek who require it
• helping children with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential
• recommending, developing and administering appropriate therapies and strategies
• working with Hyde & Seek children, their families and school staff, including teachers and learning support assistants
• carrying out psychological assessments to uncover a childs problem
• writing reports
• conducting research
• providing training
• advising and making recommendations on educational policies
Key personal skills apart from required qualifications and work experience:
• The ability to relate to children
• Ability to cope with emotional situations
• Excellent listening
• Observational skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Empathy and rapport
You will carry out a wide range of tasks with the aim of enhancing childrens learning and enabling our teachers to become more aware of the social factors affecting teaching and learning. Your work involves making recommendations to our management team about ways to improve the mental health of Hyde & Seeks children, and working closely with their teachers and parents to help prevent problems arising.
This is a full time permanent position based on a 39 hour week.
Salary is 30,000 per annum.
Location of the job is Hyde and Seek 29 Tolka Rd, Drumcondra, Dublin 3
|Work Type:||Full Time|